Monday, 15 July 2013

Snowy waits

I had these grand plans that the retreat prep would all be finished by the end of play yesterday. Needless to say I donned another bikini and then read two books instead. I did get this finished Friday night. It's a completely quick low volume improv block to quilt in Lu's table top quilting session. It's the suitable size for a small cushion and if it all works out ok I have a recipient in mind already.

IMG_9786

I made the mistake of letting Snowy know we were having company.  He wanted to know why the linen in the spare bedroom was being changed.  Stupidly I told him Jack was coming to stay and he's been watching out for him ever since. Every time I pass by he asks if he's here yet. Being a polar bear he's finding the heat a bit much.  I haven't the heart to tell him Jack is much smaller, but altogether more the bear about town than he is. I have a feeling Snowy may never be the same again.


Snowy waits impatiently

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous block, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the improv. Can't wait to see it quilted. Enjoy the weekend. What a cute Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Snowy isn't going to London. I HAVE to make a block to hand quilt tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you'll be brown and well read when you get to FQR ;) I LOVE your improv cushion top - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful block...can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. giggling here! Love the block :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Jack will teach him wicked urban ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the block but afraid i might love Snowy a little more....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice block. Have fun when the bears meet! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the block! And Snowy! He looks like he's about to melt, you might have to move his bed into the fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Snowy does seem to be struggling with the heat a bit ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)