Saturday, 13 July 2013

The Remains of Today

So here I am sat on the sofa at 20:40 in my bikini savouring the warmth and wondering if we are at last going to have a decent summer. I've been out in the garden for most of the day.  I decided that I would intersperse outside time with getting some more retreat prep done. I actually did a fair bit on Friday but the pictures I took were rubbish so I need to re do before I share with you here.


The Remains of Today

So I took this pile of stuff out in the garden and decided to cut enough material for key chain clutches by Michelle Patterns.  I am doing two small items for the sample swap. The other items were started ages ago but not finished.  I said as I was making a small item I'd make a key fob too. As I've seen other people with they type of fobs I was going to make as 'extras' with their sample swap item and someone else is selling the same fob type at quilt market, I decided to have a rethink and have a go at this pattern for the first time.

IMG_9780ps

As these are so small - key ring sized. (Just room for a lipstick and a hankie) they were quite fiddly to make and I could have made a bag in the time it took to make these.  Some may wonder why I didn't choose making a bag for my sample swap item.  Well when it came to sign ups a lot of people had already specified bags so I thought I should pick something different.

I went for guardsmen ribbon to hold the key ring bit as I thought that would be a nod to London where the FQ Retreat is being held.  

In between doing these I also managed to start and finish my book group choice. 

The Remains of the Day

I had read this years ago and as a notorious non-re-reader I had wondered how I'd fair trying to read it again. As it was it was devoured in a few hours. Definitely one to read if you've not already. 

Time for a cuppa now and maybe to put some clothes on!




11 comments:

  1. I think I will try Remains Of The Day on your recommendation (though I have a few to read first!) I loved Nevr Let Me Go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of these wee fob pouches from FionaPoppy a few years ago and they are so handy!! And I've never read the remains of the day - or seen the film - so that's a definite one for the list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a non re-reader to the bone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going on the makes. Sorry for the Fob sabbotage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those keyfob pouches! They are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They may have been fiddly to make but they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little pouches look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Jan! Now go put some clothes on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! I think they are a great swap item :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a brilliant idea! I'm tired of using Ziploc bags for tiny things, which I do in fact carry pretty often and which I need a special place for if I'm to have any hope of not losing them. You can only reuse Ziploc so many times before they start to look gross.

    Are you on Kollabora, the crafting community? If you have any of these left, I think you should post a picture of one there and see how many other members decide to make their own. I can't be the only person there who needs somewhere to put her laundry money or bobby pins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)