Friday, 9 August 2013

Friday Finishes

My vintage sheet quilt AND the matching cushion is completed.  I'm only giving you a sneaky peek as I need to do some proper photos.


Friday Finishes

I got over the issues with frilly binding/puckering by unpicking that section of quilting and cutting out the bit of wadding I'd previously unsuccessfully joined. I cut a new larger section of wadding and hand joined the sections together. There is a slight over lap which you could probably feel if you decided to feel up and down the length of the quilt. But really who does that? I am happy with how it's turned out and can't wait to get the quilt on my bed.


Vintage Sheet Quilt

Despite having enough binding left to bind several cushions I didn't opt to do this in the end. As a result the pillow form I have is slightly too small than I'd planned on. I think it'll make a nice addition to my bed.

Vintage sheet cushion

Now I'm going to have a bit of a rest and then crack on with some bee blocks. I might get that super tote finished this weekend after all!

14 comments:

  1. love all this vintage sheet loveliness! Never got my act together to join that swap and am so jealous when I see all the gorgeous stuff made from vintage sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you big tease. That looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good enough to eat! Love the sweetie colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel up your quilt huh? Guess Chief's not down this weekend then ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely - and I am still envious over that purple sheet on the back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, don't these look great all put together.... I love vintage sheets. Looking forward to the proper reveal x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. Just gorgeous! Where did you get all the vintage sheets from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, well done! And so speedily after deciding you wanted it finished. I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are looking superb and that's just when folded! So glad you had plenty of binding! Some spare for next time then?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are both so pretty. I guess I should look for some sheets and try one someday....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The binding looks fabulous, as does the rest of it. Hope you find one for the next round!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)