Friday, 27 September 2013

New Shoes and a Liebster

Wednesday I was nominated for a Liebster Award (again.) by Jess aka Rose Vampire. Thanks Jess! Each of the nominees have been asked to answer the following 11 questions.

Q1. What’s your favourite genre of music?
I like all kinds of music, but I guess I'm a rock chick at heart.
Q2. What’s your favourite fabric line?
It's always been my trademark that I love Mendocino by Heather Ross. Mermaids, Swimming girls - sea life. Yummy colours. It's one fabric line I never ever want to use up entirely. 
Q3. Where in the world do you want to visit?
Everywhere. No really. There are so many places I'd love to go to because I haven't travelled that much. Perhaps the most surprising place though, is The Falkland Islands.
Q4. Which celebrity would you most like to meet?
That's a hard one because I don't really follow the whole cult of celebrity. I'd have liked to have met my Mum's favourite actor Sir John Mills. He was a celebrity back in his day. But he's dead so that's no longer achievable. 
Q5. What was your favourite subject at school?
English. I was in the top percentage in my year. Have never been able to get enough of books and was always writing stories as a child.
Q6. Do you dance even if there is no music playing?
Yes, I LOVE to dance. 
Q7. What was the first album/single you bought?
Ghost in the Machine by the Police. It was a cassette and I still have it. Not sure if that makes me cool or not?
Q8. Do you play games (video or board)? If so, what’s your favourite one?
For some years I've been addicted to Scrabble on Facebook. Chief also taught me how to play Back Gammon on MSN. I really miss the games now MSN has gone to Skype. Chief and I had many happy hours playing back gammon online.
Q9. What is your favourite type of weather?
Sunny and warm. Not heat wave hot thought. Just blue skies and shorts and vest wearing weather.
Q10. Do you scrapbook?
I have in the past. Often as a child and not so long ago I tried again as an adult. Only I didn't do the fancy type scrap booking as an adult.  It was more like a giant photo album.
Q11. Have you played/do you play an instrument?
I really wanted to learn to play the piano, only we had no room for one at home so I couldn't. I did however start to learn to play the Oboe. I used to have lessons at school and the timing meant dashing out of home economics for a half hour lesson and hoping by the time I dashed back, whatever I was cooking, wasn't burnt. I could play a few bars of God Save the Queen. It was a hard instrument to play. You had to be able to both suck and blow at the same time. 

I'm supposed to come up with 11 random facts now.  I've been scratching my head over this one since I've been nominated because it wasn't so long ago I did 11 random facts here

So instead of 11 random facts I'll randomly show you my new shoes. 

New Shoes
Yes, totally impractical. But fun. New Shoes 
 And anyway at FQR a lot of people told me I look taller/bigger on my blog. So you see really I had to buy them to live up to peoples expectations in real life. 

I'm not going to nominate any other blogs because I'm not really sure who has less than 200 followers and many that do have have just been nominated also!


3 comments:

  1. Bloody hell. The first album I had bought for me was the Police's Outlandos D'Amour! And I used to dash out of - wait for it - home economics for a clarinet lesson!! Spooky stuff, twin!

    Great shoes. I missed out on green bunny rabbit ones this week and am a bit gutted. :( I've bought fabric instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd need a ghost of a machine to play that album now ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)