Monday, 21 October 2013

A special present

Chief spent a good chunk of last month in Cyprus with work. Early on into the trip he told me he'd got me a special present. He'd picked it up near the Akrotiri salt lake, where he went to take pictures of the birds that hang out there.  Even though it didn't cost a penny, I was so excited when he told me about it. He put it away somewhere safe and then promptly forgot where that was! (this is something Chief does quite often which is why I also got one of last years Christmas presents this trip too.)

Walking back towards the car from Shotover I happened to ask him if he'd found it. He said, no and he was upset that he'd managed to lose it. Then he said, even though he'd looked everywhere, he hadn't looked in his wallet. So stood in the middle of a field he got out his wallet and proceeded to check it and voila! He found the feather. Not just any feather. A flamingo feather.

Special present.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased. I just do like a present that's thought out with the recipient in mind. It's not about the cost it's about the good thought behind it. 

10 comments:

  1. It's always the thought that counts more than the cost of a gift although not everybody realises that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have surprises year round and thoughtful ones are the best - clever chief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous, I'd be blown away too if I had received it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can see why he had to find it, they're not too thick on the ground round here ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats the sort of present to cherish xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would be equally chuffed with that type of gift! Says a lot about you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like the perfect gift to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the nicest sorts of presents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)