Monday, 14 October 2013

FAL Q4

she can quilt

I have not joined in with any of the previous quarters this year. I joined up quite a few times last year and it got so demoralising when I managed to not finish a thing, that I decided to not even bother setting myself up for that kind of fall. 

However, I'm thinking now might be just the time to jump back in. To be honest whilst there are probably loads of things I should be finishing I am realistic about what I'm likely to achieve in the next quarter. Mainly because I should probably be joining a Start-A-Long for all those things I really should get started (as well as finished) before Christmas.  I've also been up and into work really early so am running on fumes right now and can't be bothered to go and find stuff that's unfinished and photograph it!

So what's on the list?

1) These crosses that I've actually started to sew together before getting distracted. They're destined to become a cushion. I am short of cushions so could do with getting this finished.

P1140758

2) I also need to make five more of these for Chief. This was just the prototype. So far all I've made of those five is this:

IMG_9563
Excuse the rubbish picture I'm to tired to change the lens on the camera - how bad is that!


3) I would really like to have the Aeroplane bag finished. So far I've cut out the pieces and ordered car scrim. 


Aeroplane Bag

There is talk of a weekend away in November. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and it would be nice to be able to use my completed Aeroplane bag. 

Yes, I have work to do!

(But first I am off for a bubble bath.)




10 comments:

  1. A manageable list I think! I'm looking forward to s seeing your aeroplane bag finished x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And I'll totally be down there with a sharp pointy stick if you don't link up next year, I know where you live... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your fabric for the aeroplane bag. Excited to see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your Aero! I think all the versions I see make me want more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ease yourself in gently :) It helps to list the things that actually need to be done for a certain date (such as Christmas) I find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice wee list! I was going to join up this quarter but haven't got much to actually finish (I've been good this year getting stuff done) but I could REALLY do with a start-along for Santa, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A weekend away is great motivation for finishing your bag - love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do this. The weather sucks so might as well be playing with fabric inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you decided to join us in the FAL. I love your projects. And now I am wondering about a start along too - but I could see myself starting 200 projects in one month, I love starting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)