Wednesday, 16 October 2013

The first day of my leave

I'm not in work today. (Hurrah! Does a little happy dance.) I've been into Oxford this am. In the rain. Boy did it rain. A lot. I completely lost my shopping mojo. All I managed to buy was some charity Christmas cards and some food in Marks and Spencers. I had hoped I'd do some more Christmas/Birthday/Baby shopping, but I completely lost the will to shop. Thank heavens for online shopping eh?!

But when I got home some lovely post was awaiting me. Look:


My new Autumn/Halloween decoration

I can't knit for toffee. I would never be able to make something like this in a month of Sundays. So when I saw a picture on the facebook page of a bookcrossing friend whose Mum had made one for a shop, I just had to see if she'd be able to make me one.  I just love her hat and swirly cape. She has green long johns on. Well they might be tights, although I think probably long johns given how drafty it must be on a broom. Her pumpkins are sort of glowing and have little personalities of their own. I fleetingly thought of naming the witch after someone that hadn't been very nice to me a while back. But really this witch is far nicer. 

I've never really done Halloween/Autumn decor before this year. It's a very American thing to do I think. Given my mixed feelings towards this time of year I thought it might make the season more cheery. 

I may not keep up with the Blogtoberfest thing the next few days as Chief is down tonight for a long over due visit. 

10 comments:

  1. Love the witch and pumpkins. Have a great time with Chief. Forget blogging, enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Susan! Have a nice time with your sweet heart.

    I don't do Halloween either, but sometimes the decorations are too cute to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun package (and I am not saying whether I meant the knits or the visitor!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I think about decorating for Halloween but always feel a bit silly and dont. But I'm always gutted that it just disappears like it never happened. Daft cow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you have a magic time, with both the chief and your little witch friend. (and the Oxford rain is heading our way now)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not decorated for Halloween! Shit!! Must get the box down. Love your wee witch (bet I know what you were going to name her! ) and have fun with yer man! *waggles eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope himself makes it down and we don't see you for a few days. In the nicest possible way of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dont you just love happy post xx makees up for all the rain x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Enjoy your visit, hope not to hear from you for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cute witch!
    Have a lovely time with your fellow, and forget blogging- making the most of the people you love is far more important!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)