Saturday, 2 November 2013

Just to Say

You may have noticed that my attempt at Blogtoberfest failed miserably around the middle of the month when I went AWOL? I had a couple of days of intense illness and wasn't online and then a lot more days of strange symptoms and generally not feeling well. And during the whole process I seem to have completely lost my blogging mojo. It must be off playing with my sewing mojo. If I'm honest the whole blogging community I've felt part of seems to have changed over the last 6 months or so. I'm sure things like Flickr changing, the popularity of Instagram and peoples lives changing have all had an impact on things. At times I've felt I was blogging for the sake of it.  This year has been particularly hard and stressful and I think I just need to take a big of a time out from my blog to regroup and see where I go from here. 

Last night was the village trivia quiz. The team I was on came second, losing by just three points. We actually got 10/10 on a couple of rounds. (Who knew I'd be able to answer 10 questions by myself on TV theme tunes?!)

Before the quiz my friend Sal came round. We hadn't caught up in ages. This year seems to have sucked so much time out of life. Due to another move she'd had to have a sort out of more of her possessions and asked me if I wanted the following sewing/craft books.  At least whilst I'm not blogging I'll have plenty to inspire me. 


  Crafty reads

20 comments:

  1. i blame flickr... rest up and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. New flickr is worse than new Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to learn to embrace the new flickr, and move on. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done at the quiz. Sounds like some time out will do you good - enjoy putting your feet up with a cuppa and reading those books xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has changed, Flickr is hard work and many people use tablets to view blogs- I get a lot of views but a lot less comments and so less interaction. Recharge your batteries and look after yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  6. some of us are still here, i don't flickr or instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate to say it, but I like the new flickr!! Hope you are feeling a bit better xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you soon feel back to your old self x just take your time we will be here when you feel ready to come back... well.. some of us anyway! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever Clogs....hope you feel better soon. I find it hard too, keeping up with more and more blogs...and Instagram...and Flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs xxx Eat chocolate and cuddle under quilts while reading your new craft books. We are all need a break sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you won't be bored! I prescribe wine and chocolate in copious amounts...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've discussed this - and I think IG does have a part in this as it is easier and quicker, and if people comment there they comment less on the blogs. iPad certainly influences my commenting as bloglovin is a pain in it and I still don't have a computer to call my own. Think it will be Christmas when I see one. But I do wonder if there is a life span of blogging, where only a certain percentage make it past this time, and many of us start winding down more? Just a thought but I for one am glad you are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, get yourself back up and running when you can, meantime , I will miss you- so come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, hope you feel better soon! In the mean time enjoy your break... and I hope you come back soon. I still far prefer the blogs over any other, and I'll miss you while you're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. New Flickr is definitely a factor, I don't find it as easy to see what the people I follow have posted and therefore don't interact as much, also blogging enthusiasm has ups and downs and that's not wrong it's just how it is...

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of people lost their mojo around the same time which didn't help I don't think. Blogging should be fun and on your terms so if you don't feel like it, don't until you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi there, sorry you have been feeling unwell and sorry you are getting fed up blogging. Shame, as I have just started and have enjoyed your blog and have appreciated and enjoyed the interaction with you! (though incidentally my daughter has blogged for years and recently decided to call it a day)
    As for myself I like to look at flickr but I love the storylines in the blogs and I haven't a clue about instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. just blog when you feel like it or have something to show, and take the pressure off yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)