Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Marvellous Mail and a return of the Mojo?

When my mojo or inclination to sew and blog took a huge nose dive I wasn't even remotely interested in purchasing fabric. I know. Total shock horror. But Instagram has not only kick started my wanting to buy fabric it's started to kick start me into wanting to make. Sometimes though it comes down to finding the time and energy to accommodate what I want to do against all the other things I have to do.  I'm sure you all know that feeling.

My first fabric purchase was these beauties from Mary. Over on IG she was doing a bit of market research into whether buyers would prefer build a bundle, colour bundles or assorted bundles.  Of course I took the research a little too literally and decided I couldn't live without these ones and so built my own bundle. Mainly because even though I've found a few sheets in charity shops they've tended towards the more subtle colours. The vintage sheet quilt I made earlier in the year is already a favourite. I can't explain why it is, it just is. Mum has also announced that quilts are warmer than duvets and of course that means she needs more than one bed sized one doesn't it? I'd like to make her a vintage sheet quilt. (But I'm selfish and want to make another one for me too.)

Great mail day. Thanks @memmens

I think I'll put these by until I get more - maybe via the UK Vintage sheet swap that I hope will get off the ground in the New Year.

Second purchase of the fabric kind was some Denyse Schmidt and other lovelies that fell into my basket over at Fabric Rehab. I wanted some fabrics that were colours I don't have many of and also had a vintagey feel. When I ordered them I confess I was thinking of my honeycomb EPP project. But now they've arrived I'm thinking I should jump on the scrappy trip along bandwagon. Albeit about a year later than everyone else...

P1150767


P1150769
I dunno how this scrap bag fell into my virtual basket - honest.

It's not all been about fabric though. I discovered Kate Broughton via pinterest. I went straight to her Etsy shop and bought these birdie and Christmas nail stickers. There may have been another purchase I can't show you, but I'm sure you want hold that against me. Service was speedier than the speediest thing you can think of and the packaging lovely. You can see from the postcard below some of the other lovelies Kate sells. Perfect stocking fillers I think.

P1150763

Now I need to go make some lists and get plotting. Also dig out a sewing machine for a sewing session with my niece tomorrow who apparently announced that she needed a sewing machine for Christmas! 

11 comments:

  1. Looks like your mojo is well on it's way to returning. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're well on the way to creativity again! :) ... I have to admit that I too took the first step to doing some quilting this afternoon ... I began the hunt for the 4 squares that still need to be stitched into pairs and then I can begin assembling the rows for my Rainy Days quilt top ... it's only taken me 18 months to get to this stage since I did the last bit of squares-pairing! Maybe I'll meet my target of getting the top finished by Christmas after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are back with a bang! Have fun with all those lovelies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for returning mojo and happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to mojo returning. Is it still going to be shopping ready on Friday for the Black Friday sales?

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to see you back. that little etsy shop has some lovely things. I laughed at the British tits card.I once accidentally sent my hubby a text that said the tits were out in the garden. The reply was "well put your jumper on then". (sorry to lower the tone here)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your mojo is back. I occasionally don't feel like sewing but have never once turned down the feeling to buy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric! Love the rainbow of vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely!
    Greetings from Finland! :)
    Ulla's Quilt World
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all that fabric-that would certainly get me back in to sewing mode

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)