Monday, 9 December 2013

Advent 9: What happened to Advent 7 & 8 you may ask.

I woke up on Saturday am with a banging headache and feeling I'd been smacked in the face. Strangely the other side of the face that had caused me to rush of to the dentists a few days before in case I was about to get a tooth related nasty. I've been feeling really ill after I've eaten too. I was wiped out for Saturday so had nothing to report or blog about and the laptop didn't even get switched on. Chief and I agreed he shouldn't come down Saturday night as perhaps we both needed a good night sleep. He did come down the next morning though and surprised Mum with an early Christmas present. Thursday in the gales our bird feeding station crashed over snapping in two. It was obviously corroded and the wind was just to strong for it. The real pain was just the week before we'd bought three new bird feeders and when the pole crashed over two of them smashed.


It broke yesterday in the gales

Little did Mum know as she was wondering if Bro could fix it or if I'd take her to buy a new one, was the week before Chief had bought Mum not only a new pole, but some feeding stuff to go with it, as her Christmas present. 

He suggested he brought it down early before she got the broken one replaced some how herself.

An Early Christmas Present for Mum

She was perplexed as to why she was opening her Christmas present on Sunday.

An Early Christmas Present for Mum

She was surprised and pleased. Just a bit confused when Chief suggested we 'made' a pole with the insides of wrapping paper. 


An Early Christmas Present for Mum

Little did she know that the three pack of wrapping paper had pole sections in side them!

The pole is up in the garden and the birds are loving it. I hope to get a picture in decent light soon.




9 comments:

Catherine said...

Hope you are feeling better xx

Cindy Sharp said...

How exciting to be able to fix something in such a special way.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

aw lovely

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, bless, she looks utterly perplexed!

Tina Short said...

He really is a special guy.

Charlotte said...

I love me some sneaky wrapping ;-)
Feel better soon xx

Sheila said...

Lovely surprise for your mum - hope you are feeling better.

pennydog said...

Hope you're feeling better today.

Flying Blind... said...

Poor you, but lucky mum xxx