I'm not going to complain about the sunshine being so bright there are shadows!
The quilt is made entirely from vintage sheets. The backing is half a single duvet I found in a charity shop. One of my first vintage sheet finds. The majority of the rest of the quilt is pieced from 5" charms or fat quarters bought from Mary, I also used some of the left over bits of sheeting from backing my first vintage sheet quilt and Helen kindly sent me a couple of pieces of her latest vintage sheet finds. Both lovely additions to the quilt.
I quilted it in diagonal lines in both directions through each square using some neutral 50wt Aurifil. The binding was a vintage pillowcase cut into strips and joined so it would create this stripy binding. I still have about a quarter of the pillowcase left so it's amazing how much just one can yield. I don't have the exact size of this quilt, but it's single bed sized - round about 5' x 6'. (which made it a nightmare to baste and I didn't really get that right and have a few puckers on the back to show for it!)
Not only is this my first quilt finish of the year, but it's my first finish for the FAL first quarter 2014. You can see it on my original list here.