Saturday, 5 April 2014

Has it really been a month?!

I am not sure whether I lost my sewing and blogging mojo or whether it's just been a case of my head being full of so many other things that there just wasn't enough space for me to sew or blog about it. Either way it seems a whole month has slipped by and I have felt completely out of the loop. I had decided to myself that I wouldn't blog again until I'd sewn something. Mainly because it would be all to easy to completely turn this blog into non sewing blog. Whilst I never did want this blog to only be about sewing; I know that's why the majority of my readers stop by.

So today I can blog because today I sewed something. A whole quilt top in fact!

St Louis 16 Patch Lap Quilt Top

I'd pulled the fabric for this from my stash and cut it into the strips needed over a month ago now. All the fabric came from my stash. I am on a fabric diet (not that I checked in last month. I didn't by fabric though!) so I had to shop my stash for this one and it worked out really well because it forced me to use some fabrics I'd sort of been hoarding. I used the instructions from here to make the blocks. I know I'm really behind jumping on this particular band waggon. I usually am behind with these things!

This is destined to be a present and I will back it that famous Ikea numbers print everyone uses and have a rummage in my stash for suitable binding. 

I hope to try and stop by more often. And sew more often. Sometimes the niff naff and trivia of life gets in the way. There are some potentially life changing things happening over the next few months. It feels exciting and exhausting in equal measure. In the mean time I have wadding to cut for this quilt and backing to iron. I'm sort of on a deadline with this one.  Hope you've all had a good Saturday too.

13 comments:

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

From not sewing to showing a complete top is quite an accomplishment! Looks great!

Katy Cameron said...

I've always suspected you were a little loopy... ;o)

Well done on the top at least!

Diane-crewe said...

a beautiful top x it is up to you to choose what to blog about .. and us to decide what to read x its all about having fun xx

Flying Blind... said...

Love that tute - I've got the Siblings Together Bee to make them this month; I made 8 and could wasily have made 8 more!

Don't let the niff naff get you down xxx

Catherine said...

I hope all the life changing stuff is good stuff. Live the quilt top

Janet said...

Fantastic quilt top! I wish I got that kind of sudden sewing motivation.

Kay said...

Fun top. I really must have a day out at an Ikea for some fabric too.

Sheila said...

Your quilt top turned out great - my blogging has become far less regular but I have decided not to worry too much about it. Real life matters.

Charlotte said...

it's really lovely!

Helenjean said...

hi I hope the life stuff comes down n the balance of good life stuff.
Quilt is looking good, a good feeling to nearly complete something

Second Chance Tan said...

This quilt top is great - nice to see you back x

pennydog said...

Welcome back! Don't feel you have to sew for us though, it should be something you enjoy doing under your own terms :)

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's a lovely quilt - hope the recipient sleeps well under it!