Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Day Tripping

Last Saturday my Mum and I went on a coach trip organised by a local gardening group to Saville Gardens in Windsor. It was a lovely sunny day and a great opportunity for me to try out the new-to-me camera I acquired from Chief a while back. I say try out, in reality I've been glued to it from the moment he let me try it out!


One of my fave' flowers
I absolutely love Iris'. One of my favourite flowers!


Chief would have liked the bird life:

Saville Gardens

There were a few Egyptian Geese around the place


Jackdaw
Jackdaws hang about the food areas outside and steal crumbs or drink out of 
discarded milk jugs.

Saville Gardens, Windsor

I heard the ring-necked parakeets before I spotted them. Then when I did they were hard to photograph due to my small lens and them resting at the top of tall trees. Even though these birds are not native many ring-necked parakeets survive in parks around the south of England. It's thought some escaped from film studios when "The African Queen" was being filmed. 

Saville Gardens looks quite exotic at the moment with so many flowering shrubs in bright colours, loaded with blooms.
Saville Gardens, Windsor

Saville Gardens, Windsor


Saville Gardens, Windsor

Mid afternoon we left the gardens for a couple of hours in Windsor. Being a Saturday afternoon the town centre was heaving and it was very busy along the banks of the river. I took hardly any pictures and what I did take was hurried and not really what I wanted. I don't know if there is ever a quiet time to visit Windsor as I've only been once before and that was a summer weekend too.

I have managed to fit some sewing in. In fact I'm getting better at waiting until I can photograph sewing properly, rather than just taking any old rubbish so I can blog with a picture. On the downside it means you have to wait to see what I've been up to.  I actually have a stack of projects that I've not shared with you yet!

4 comments:

  1. wow look at the Egyptian goose. is it really from Egypt or is that just it's name? I have been to Kew and it is full of parakeets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you look at the plumage on that goose? Incredible!! I love your shot of the iris, my own little flower-girl loves them, her player-character on her favourite game is named after one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I've never seen an Egyptian goose before. And I will wait eagerly to see your sewing projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, birds never stand still long enough for me! Looking forward to seeing your sewing shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)