Sunday, 4 May 2014

One for dirties

I'm firmly onto the pretty hand made travel thing. With that in mind I whipped myself up a little travel laundry bag as I hate it when I have to put dirty socks and undies back in with the fresh ones. Particularly if I then struggle to work out which are clean and which are dirty. I'd wanted to make a travel laundry bag for ages. Maybe using some of that Heather Ross fabric with clothes on a clothes line or some other fabric that has clothes or undies on it. But as I've not bought any previously and I happen to be on a fabric diet, I decided to raid my stash again.  I'm quite enjoying all this stash raiding! I've also decided for May at least to keep a note of just how much of my stash I'm using. So far I've used two yards and it's only 4 May!


Travel Laundry Bag

I used a half yard of fabric (can't remember what it's called.) plus a length of Kona Snow I had left over from sashing my HipBee quilt. I didn't feel that the half yard cut alone was big enough. I also only made a very simple turn over casing for the ribbon tie.  I was all set to do a fancy wide one when I remembered I really like to cram as much into my travel bag as possible and I thought this might create just a little bit of unnecessary bulk. That might make all the difference when it comes to packing a souvenir of my trip or three. 

Now what else can I make next travel wise?!

5 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty bag for dirty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea, I normally stuff mine in to a plastic carrier bag, but now I want a pretty fabric bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice ... now just remember that's for the DIRTY stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just grabbed my 3 of these and stuffed them in the case this morning.

    It's Waterfront Park BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's much prettier than a carrier bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)