Friday, 23 May 2014

What I am doing while waiting for news

I know I have probably a zillion projects I could finish rather than start new. But last night I had a plan and it'll involve three cushions. For one I've needed to order something special (not fabric!) for and I have to keep that under wraps until later in the year. Cushion two is something I'll share with you once I get under way. First off though I'm going to follow this great tutorial and tackle some clamshells. Now I've always liked the idea of these and as the most complicated of the traditional English Paper Piecing shapes, I've been put off from doing more than dabble with these (many moons ago), because when I'd seen other peoples attempts they often looked a bit 'lumpy' and nobody wants a lumpy clamshell do they?!

Something to take my mind off it

Making these might be just the distraction I need. Chief is due home on a flight from Ascension tonight. Only last night he phoned to say he'd injured his back and they might not let him fly. I don't have exact details of what he was doing when he hurt his back. Only that they were doing quite arduous walking over rocky, steep and even terrain to do more conservation work when Chief hurt his back. He was unable to sit down or stand and that poses some difficulty unless you happen to be a bird not a human. He's doped up on pain killers and tried to hide the pained sound from his voice. 

If he doesn't phone tomorrow am from the airport to see he's back in Blighty then he's stuck on Ascension until he's fit to fly. Given there are only two flights out a week it could be some days. If that does happen I guess at least I'll have plenty of time this weekend for sewing. Although even if he does make it home he's unlikely to be able to stay here because I have steep, windy cottage stairs and they're a struggle if you're incapacitated in anyway. 




8 comments:

  1. oh dear, poor chief. Hope he is better soon. I fell today, again, on the flat just walking. Damn holes in the road. Have survived to tell the tale though

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear .. hope it resolves soon x interesting project you have set for yourself .. will be interested to see the results x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry for him and you. Hope he makes it home and is well enough to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeek - I hope he gets home soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor chief. Let us know how the clam shells go, I love EPP but am not good with curves so haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, back pain is horrendous! Hope he's ok

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hope you get good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no I hope he is back already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)