Thursday, 28 August 2014

Cold toes and other signs of Summers End?

Since I returned from Bournemouth it's been noticeably cooler. I've been back in full length jeans and been reaching for a cardigan and socks more often than not. Last Sunday I went out for a walk and it seemed that the signs of summer ending were creeping into every photo I took.


Signs of Autumn 
Loving all the yellow and reds

Signs of Autumn 

Signs of Autumn
Can't believe how many of the trees are starting to turn! 

Signs of Autumn 

Signs of Autumn 

Signs of Autumn

I've sewn together half of my wafers. They come together quickly. I'm just going slow because I'm enjoying the pondering over fabrics. I'm thinking if these cooler temps continue I'll be back to hand quilting my HipBee's star quilt soon. It will at least keeping my toes warm as I curl up on the sofa and stitch.

6 comments:

  1. It's been SO cold here the last 10 days. I was wishing for a pair of gloves on the walk to work the other morning! It's August!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cold I am wandering around the house in fluffy socks. There is a beautiful tree by the motorway I drive down to visit my father, I see the leaves change a bit more everytime I drive down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and you're making me a bit jealous! We'll have temps 32 C and up through the end of September :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely nippier of an evening now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're cold, I'm hot!!!! Real hot! Temperatures last week over 40 degrees Celsius. The leaves of my plants in the garden turn yellow/brown from the heat, not from autumn! Even a bit hot to just sew, although my basement is relatively cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure autumn is early this year!
    keep cosy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)