Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Wafers

So I'm half way through the working week. It's been a strange sort of week so far and a little surreal at times (like today when a neighbour asked me to mind his dogs whilst he got a ladder and climbed over his wall to let himself in, after discovering he was locked out.) or like the other day when a utility company phoned to ask if the pub across the road from our office was open for business...


Random things happen at work like being asked to look after dogs when neighbour has locked himself and needs to climb over his wall to get back in!

But at home I've been de-stressing by doing a spot of English Paper Piecing. I downloaded the wafers templates and colouring sheet you can get from Nellies Niceties Etsy Shop (for the bargain price of £1). Then I had a rummage through my over spilling scrap box. I fancied using some jewel bright colours and a spot of purple Klona I had left over from some other project. Hand sewing Klona can be a little hard on the fingers as it has a stiffer texture than Kona. But I'm loving the bright pops of colour. 

Jewel Bright Wafers

Inspired by all the lovely English Paper Pieced cushions that Reene keeps churning out, this is destined to become a cushion too. My house - believe it or not- is woefully short of pretty cushions! I'm also back on the fabric diet as it's an expensive time of year for me and I think now is the perfect time to be shopping my stash.
  

9 comments:

  1. Lovely epp! I will be downloading that pattern, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a gorgeous cushion! I hand stitched Klona. Once. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. random requests and phone calls can make life .. interesting! lol x Liking your EPP x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the EPP, great shape and will look lovely as a cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for EPP, and the pattern really is a bargain price. EPP really is the best way to still use small amounts of fabric that you can't bear to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely!! The pops of purple are worth the sore fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking fab Jan! Can't wait to see it as a cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this purple is going to be brilliant with the other colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's always nice to have things a little different in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)