Friday, 8 August 2014

Weekender Jewellery Pouch

A little while ago I bought Kaelin's aka The Plaid Scottie Weekender Jewellery Pouch pattern.  Kaelin had sent me a pouch as a present some while back and it really is a very useful pouch to store jewellery when packing for a holiday or mini break. It would also make a great portable sewing pouch.  I decided that these would make great Christmas and birthday presents for friends and family.

With my Scottish Twins Tombola (ends in a nought or a five) birthday coming up; where I'd already bought her a little necklace from here, I thought it would be fun to make a pouch to put the locket in. I haven't been able to show it until now because I thought Lynz might read the post and twig it was for her!

Weekender Jewellery Pouch 

The pattern is super easy to follow and straight forward. The bit I went wrong with was using my automatic button hole function. I put what I thought was the right sized button to make the specified button hole. It was far too big. (unpicking button holes are not fun!) I put a smaller button in, but it still wasn't right. So I had to wing doing the draw string bit at the top. It's very organic shall we say. But it works. I'm also going to change a small construction detail on the next pouch I make. Purely because I'm rubbish at turning under circular gaps to close them!


Weekender Jewellery Pouch

I chose the fabrics I did because the external fabric had butterflies on it and the bee fabric inside sort of fitted the theme and colours. The locket I got had butterfly lids on it.  I hadn't enough of the bee fabric or butterfly fabric left to line that section, so I've used some pink wood grain fabric. The pouch actually takes a deceptive amount of fabric. You really need to allow at least 3/4 of a yard. 

I'll definitely be busting my stash to make some more for Christmas presents!





8 comments:

  1. Really cute and love the fabrics you used. I like the look of this pattern and agree it's a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tombola birthday?! Ha haaaa!! I love my pouch in a major way (as you know!) and could see it coming handy for loads of different things. It's a cracking gift idea, especially when stuffed with relevant goodies! Clever girl and huge big thanks and hugs again! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics. I like the surprise of the little bees inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pressie for the woman who's just received a boatload of jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super sweet - a great present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty fabrics! Looks like a nice gift pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great pouches! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)