2. Made: After a very unmotivated Saturday I got stitching on Sunday and finished the headboard cover. I'm really pleased with how this turned out. It's quite a snug fit as I didn't want extra fabric flapping about, so I really hope it never shrinks in the wash. It was great to use up low volume charms I'd been hoarding and also be able to recycle and old sheet and some horrid poly batting in order to make this.
3. Watched: Not much TV watching this week. But have spent a fair amount of time looking out the window watching snow fall and then watch it turn to sleet. I'll be glad when spring is here!
4. Worn; I haven't actually worn it yet. But I did get this skirt in Boden's sale. With discounts it was a fraction of it's original price and is embroidered.
5. Eaten: I have of course eaten this week but nothing of note. And despite trying to be a bit more healthy in my choices since Christmas I have eaten a few of these. Opps
6: Visited/Seen: Snow! Yes, these parts had the first snow to lay since 2013. I don't recall ever going that long without snow and Tuesday morning we woke up to find everywhere covered in the white stuff. I walked to work as it was quicker than trying to drive and more snow was a possibility. It also gave me the chance to take some photos.
Unbelievably a few hours later it had pretty much melted. Leaving little sign we'd had any.
7. Recommended: Dunelm for bed linen. Of course having made the head board cover I then had to treat myself to some more bed linen. The bedlinen you can just see in the picture above with the new head board cover came from Next about 10 years ago and having been unable to find two different sets I liked I bought two the same and have been using them pretty much ever since! I bought myself a new set last year but decided to wait until I could find another completely different one. Having really like this birdie set I got from Dunelm, I had been checking in from time to time to see if I could find another one I liked. Unfortunately the only one I'd see was a silver/grey animal print one that could only be collected from store and as I don't live near a store I had to think again.
Then I saw Dunelm advertise they had new bedding in and so I got this one:
It's white, grey and yellow and both sides have a very patchworky pattern on it. I'm not normally a yellow person. This screamed spring freshness to me and I thought it would be neutral enough to work with any quilt I cared to add to it too. And the best thing about Dunelm bedding? This double set cost a £16.99 and many double sets only cost £19.99 so certainly value for money.
8. Stash: In: 0 Out: 1 fat quarter.
9. Birds: Bird list has not increased. Chiefs is over 60 and rising.
10. And Finally: I've decided I need an easy to make single sized quilt for me to take in the camper. Chief will have the quilt I've made him for Christmas and despite him telling me I can't fill it with "girly Sh**" I do feel the opportunity to make myself a quilt is too good to pass up. I don't want to do another 16 patch or scrappy trip so am open to and would welcome your suggestions.