Sunday, 15 February 2015

Easily Distracted

I bought fabric this week. One of the cuts was 3/4 yard cut of Emma's Garden - Garden Bouquet in Violet by Patty Sloniger.   I am fairly sure (as I'm not buying fabric 'just because' and because 3/4 yard cut is a strange amount for me to buy) that when I purchased it online earlier in the week I had a very specific project in mind for it. By the time it had arrived I had absolutely no idea what that project was. Instead I took one look at it and thought Super Tote!


Supertote!

Friday I started cutting out the bag parts - pairing the Garden Bouquet fabric with some bright pink Essex linen that I also bought earlier this year with a specific project in mind and then promptly forgot what that was. Hmmm are we beginning to see a pattern here? Is it my age? All the while I was cutting I kept thinking: Shouldn't I really be getting on with that quilt for the camper van; so that if we hit the road next time Chief's down I can snuggle under it? Of course I did what any sensible quilter would do to assuage her guilt. I left the pieces scattered around the living room floor for a whole day and didn't touch them (or get on with any quilt making.)

Today I thought I'd best do some housework and picking up those bag pieces from the living room floor and turning them into a bag counts as housework, No?


Supertote!
I actually put the pleats in how they should be.
(I didn't in the first one I made. 

The plan for this Super Tote is to use for work once the weather improves. It might actually encourage the weather to perk up a bit as it does rather zing on these miserable February days. I'm also thinking I could pack quite a bit into it for a trip in Gertie.  And when Chief said I couldn't fill her with my girlie Sh** he surely didn't mean for me not to bring a pretty bag or two with my essentials in it...like the quilt if I ever get to make it.


Supertote!

I did a pretty good job of pattern matching the back pieces. Which (in the interest of full disclosure) was a happy accident. I didn't put the zip in as I knew I hadn't a zip anywhere near the right size. I'm sort of regretting not putting a magnetic snap in to close the bag instead. But I completely forgot to do this. I may add a trigger clip on strip of fabric inside as that's useful for keys. It'll be easy enough to add one later as I didn't have one at time of making. It's lined in some random kona grey fabric I found (bought to make Christmas place mats and not used.) I put one of the gathered pockets in but neglected to take any internal bag photographs. I may have plenty of fabric in my stash, I am learning that few of the larger cuts play nicely together in projects like this.

The Supertote pattern is by Anna of Noodlehead fame. Click through to find out more details and buy.





10 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous fabric and looks fantastic with the bright pink. I'm sure you'll remember what you were going to use it for sometime but you will realize that this was a better plan for it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag, and I do believe that picking up the fabric from the floor counts as housework. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purpose of both original projects will probably come to you in the middle of the night... never mind though, it means you get to go shopping again ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, co-incidently I also cut out a super tote on Friday but due to this cold that's going around it's still sitting on the kitchen table in an unfinished state!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabrics & gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, I enjoyed my 2nd supertote much more than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bag there! well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)