1. Read: I have finished: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins on my kindle. It was an interesting thriller that had me turning the electronic pages. I've also read: The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, which was a disturbing story set in future America where the constitution has broken down and various religious sects rule and fight one another. The story is told from a Handmaids point of view. Women's role in society has gone back to prehistoric times. They have no rights or choices. I would have liked a slightly different ending and found the book very similar in tone to George Orwells: 1984. I have also read the next book group choice - it only took me a few hours as it was only a novella: The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. I found it mildly amusing, but not the 'Hilariously Funny' Amazon branded it.
2. Made: The Amsterdam Quilt has been finished - frustratingly not photographed. I'm hoping I'll get the chance, the right weather and any assistance I may need over the long weekend.
3. Watched: Things have been a bit hectic this week with little tv viewing done. I was disappointed to discover Atlantis was axed and there will not be a series 3. Something they didn't realise until part way through airing of series 2, so the ending is hinting at bigger and darker things to come. Only they won't.
4. My Garden/Flowers: I continue to find new things every day. Including weeds. I need to get out over the long weekend and get some of those dug up. I also have a tonne of seeds to direct sew.
5. Eaten: Nothing of note. In fact it's been a very lazy, convenience food orientated sort of week.
6. Visited/Seen: This afternoon to start off the long weekend I decided to go for a stroll with my camera. I took a 'big lens' hoping to take pics of birds. In reality I should have taken my small lens to get more landscape type shots.
Loving the cow parsley drifts on the field margins and verges.
male pheasant looking very spiffy
This amused me. The farmers son lives in the house across the road
from the tractor. Talk about taking your company vehicle home!
9. Birds: Only one new one to add to my list this week. A sparrow hawk flew over my house. I often see one about, although this was the first time I'd noticed it this year.
10. And finally...Chief and I had got ourselves excited about the possibility of a foreign holiday together in just over a weeks time. But it didn't work out (I'd even got my Euros!). It's postponed not cancelled. In the mean time I may get more time to sew!?