The pattern is a free one from the Cloud9 Fabrics website. The tulip blocks come together quite quickly although I did find it frustrating that the bottom half of the block came out a different size to the top meaning a serious amount of trimming. But that may just have been me. I confess I did write down the piece sizes in a note book, so I didn't have to keep running to the computer to remind myself of the right sizes for cutting.
I made a lot more blocks than in the pattern as I wanted a bigger quilt. The plan is to use this in 'Gertie' Chiefs camper van. When I made Chief a quilt for the same purpose he requested a quilt long enough to cover both his head and toes so that when it's really cold he can snuggle right under it. I thought it sounded sensible and that I'd do the same - even though I'm not sure I'm planning on overnighters in the cold!
To help increase the over all size I sashed between the blocks and around them. The quilt is also made pretty much entirely from stash. I only bought a couple of red fat quarters as I can't think of tulips without thinking of the red ones and since I made the 'Christmas red and white quilt' a while back my stash has had next to no red left in it. Not even enough to make a couple of tulips.
You can't see the backing. It's a dusky blue coloured fabric I bought on sale years ago with the intention of backing another quilt with it. Only that quilt never got finished and out grew the size of the fabric I'd bought for backing. I made a scrappy binding in colours that looked good with the back and the front of the quilt. There are a couple of wonky bits in the binding and I'll admit there are a couple of small puckers on the back. However, this a utility, not a show quilt and it's so pretty (I think) that I can over look the imperfections.