2. Made: I am embracing the fact that I am struggling to find my mojo to sew. I loved making the Amsterdam Quilt I have plenty of other things I'd like to make. I am going with the flow and not forcing things. I do not have to sew. I choose to sew. When I feel so inclined I'm sure I will. A few weeks back plenty of people suggested I take a break and hopefully return to sewing feeling refreshed and energised and that's the approach I'm leaning towards. That said I have joined a group on flickr to be involved in a year long swap that's a bit like a bee only not quite. I'm excited about that and having a deadline to work to may just give my mojo the kick up the 'jo to get sorted.
3. Watched: Series 3 of The Syndicate started this week and I'm hooked from episode one. Each series followers the lives of a group of people (different each time) that win the lottery. This series they are all workers at a Yorkshire manor house. The aristocratic owners of the house are struggling financially so there will no doubt be plenty of story lines focusing on the reversal of fortune with the servants now wealthier than their employers. It has a cracking cast too with the likes of Anthony Andrews and Lenny Henry.
4. My Garden/Flowers: British Summertime starts on June 1st. I think someone forgot to copy the weather in on that particular memo. It's been cold and wet and so windy. So most of my garden has been battered by the elements.
5. Eaten: I had a lovely quiche and salad at Waterperry Gardens last Saturday. I was too busy nattering and eating it to take a picture!
6. Visited/Seen: I had a walk through the village after work today so I could deliver a sympathy card. A lovely lady I've known for as long as I could remember has died of cancer. I wanted to drop in a card to her children who have already lost their father to cancer. It doesn't matter that they are around my age. I can only imagine the pain they're going through.
8. Stash: In: 0* Out: 0 *now let me explain. I haven't bought any fabric from a conventional or online fabric store. But I did score some vintage sheet lovelies this week when I popped into a couple of charity shops. I got a king sized duvet cover and two flat sheets - the latter also had two matching pillowcases so I got them too. I wasn't sure if the flat sheets were vintage and then I thought when was the last time I saw patterned flat sheets? Of course as I liked them anyway I bought them. Luckily the day I bought them was glorious and sunny so I got them washed and line dried in a couple of hours.
9. Birds: Last Saturday I had an impromptu lunch out with a friend and as it was near to the place I'd seen spotted flycatchers last year I decided to see if they were back again. Within seconds of entering where I thought they'd be I spotted one! I hadn't the right sort of lens to get a decent picture so hope to go back (I think Chief will be wanting to come too.)
10. And Finally... I'm signed up for the Summer time surprises swap and when I get my partner details I'll be putting together a suitable package.