Lynz because quite a few of us miss the way we interacted on the old style flickr. I've stayed with flickr, but am conscious that many people found it just too difficult from their various devices and I firmly believe that the changes in our lovely sewing community first started when we didn't have the cohesive base of flickr to hold us all together. Anyway, PIP is going to be a round robin swap where we all make small blocks of our choosing and send them on to be added to - whether that's an addition in the form of a new block or some embellishment to the existing ones. It's a cracking bunch of talented ladies in this group and we're already inspiring and bouncing ideas off each other. For my first block I couldn't help but want to do something bird related. So I made a reduced scale Anna Maria Horner feather. I reduced the two page pattern so it would fit on one page. It still seemed too big so I reduced that so it fitted on half a page. It made for some fiddly piecing and I messed the first feather I attempted up because I taped a pattern piece to another and I shouldn't have done. I only realised my mistake too late to sensibly put it right. But being such a quick block I decided to start over.
3. Watched: The second episode of Black Work. Seeing that Sheridan Smith was in the lead role and everything she's touched of late seems to be golden I had high expectations of this series. But by episode two I'm thinking: Hmmm haven't we seen this all before with different characters?
4. My Garden/Flowers: My garden is looking weedy. I need to find the time to get out and dig up the clumps of this pale green grass that seems to be invading parts of the borders. Seeding itself right in the middle of plants I'd really rather save. However, I fear I need to dig them up and risk losing them to eradicate this perennial invader.
5. Eaten: My brother and Niece invited Mum and I to a BBQ. I think niece had the idea in her head because I said I'd never seen her dads new gas BBQ bought mid-season last year. She was convinced we'd been down for a BBQ last year and I said we hadn't. Bro did us proud with yummy sides and great BBQ food.
6. Visited: My brother has a totally different style of garden to mine. He likes neat and tidy and order. His garden looks excellent though. Although he still thinks it's not at its best. I've never know anyone get hosta's looking as good as he does. It was like visiting a show garden. Ironic thing is my brother does not like gardening. But he's motivated to do it because he likes a nice garden.
7. Recommended: Eating outside. It doesn't matter what it is it'll taste better in the fresh air. Well I think so anyway.
9. Birds: Nothing of note to report.
10. And Finally...I seem to be taking more pics on Instagram than ever before so if you want to check out the random stuff I post over there I'm isisjem there too.