2. Don't try spray basting on the patio when there is even the slightest breeze. Especially if that breeze turns into a gale...with rain.
3. Do check your quilt bundle for the spray baste can when you rush inside quickly. Rather than go rushing around the garden in search of it...in the rain.
4. Do remember to take something soft to kneel on when spray basting on the patio because concrete is hard on the knees.
5. Do use a tutorial like this one for making a zippy box pouch if you've not done so before because it is easier than working out calculations yourself.
6. Do use this material for your lining your zippy pouches when you want them to be moisture proof but not bulky. It sewed a dream and wasn't as slippy as I thought it might be.
7. Do use scraps of nylon lining material to make binding like covers for your exposed seams.
8. Do think about using a fusible wadding type interface to add extra bulk and shape when making a boxy pouch and using medium weight fabric.
9. Don't use up scraps sewn together and mis matched sections of cheater prints or similar to make a boxy pouch. It will be really noticeable when the pouch is finished and every thing will look wonky when it isn't.
10. Do smile about the good and bad because tomorrow is another day and you will learn new things then too.