2. Made: I sorted through all the low volume charms I've received as part of charm swaps or swaps with friends. I was really brave and decided to just get on and use them and not think I'd save this one or that one for some other project. They were sewn into 9 patches then randomly cut into four and re sewn to create new more improvised blocks. I deliberately wanted something that was liberated and didn't require 100% accuracy. That may shock the quilt police, but I didn't worry about cutting accurately, matching seams or using pins. I just sliced and sewed. 110 odd charms later I'd made a panel large enough to cover the head board. I then basted it with some polyester wadding. (Yucky! bought for another project many years ago before I knew that cotton was the only way to go - however expensive!) The other project lay unfinished and was too ugly to consider finishing; so I unbasted it and decided to also repurpose the sheet I'd used as backing. I've started quilting it in wonky straight lines. Randomly placed of course. Everything about this is a make-it-up-as-you-go break-all-the-rules kind of make. It's felt incredibly liberating. The plan is to bind both edges and then fold in half and sew together to create a slip cover that can go over the head board. It can be removed and washed as necessary or replaced easily. I'm hoping the calming low volume colours not only compliment any bed linen I use, but aid a restful nights sleep.
I do need to get some decent pictures of this project!
3. Watched: I tried to watch Wolf Hall which has been dramatised and is being shown on BBC 2. I've not read the Hilary Mantel books and have no interest in doing so. I was curious about the drama though. Whilst I'm sure it's quality drama it has only managed to reinforce my opinion that the books would so not be my kind of thing. Please don't ask me to tell you what happened in episode one. I haven't a clue. I remember seeing Damien Lewis as Henry VIII. I could have made that up though.
4. Worn does having a new bag for my birthday fit into this category? I ask because I had the most lovely and longed for Orla Kiely bag.
7. Recommended: Well if you're in the locality of the Fox and Goat I may well recommend you go there. Other than that I recommend good birthdays full of lovely swag like this:
9. Birds: My list is over 20 now. Chiefs is probably about 1000. Certainly way more than 20!
10. And Finally: This has been the best week of the year so far. Not full of the stress I've come to expect in the last few weeks so I'm hoping that this continues. Sadly Chief is still stuck up north signed off work and not feeling great. No idea when I'll see him. It looks like for once I'll be having Christmas after my birthday!