1. Read: I have read The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. I have seen the two film versions of this and was surprised that I remembered some of the dialogue being used in the film with Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta Jones. I found whilst the book built some good tension up I found the ending a bit of a let down. Maybe it didn't help I'd seen the film version and had some preconceived ideas. I have started my book group choice on the kindle. It's called 'Road to Damascus' by Jazz Shabhan. It's the story of two sisters separated when their father dies and their mother returns to Amman leaving the disabled younger sister behind. I'm not sure how I'm going to find it. The lack of an editor to correct spelling mistakes and punctuate is irritating me. I can forgive it in the diary extracts but it irritates in the rest of the narrative. Oh and I have a new book for bath time on the go too. More about that next time.
2. Made: I have actually finished the Amsterdam Quilt - well I will have when I decide upon and make the binding. I took it upon myself to make the quilt backing and get it basted and then quilted on Sunday. I'd had the backing in my stash for as long as 20 years. I'd bought it with a mind to back another quilt. But that quilt never got finished. (Maybe one day!) the quilt out grew the backing material anyway. It's nice to have finally found a use for it. I think this quilt deserves a blog post of it's own. So I won't share many pics here.
4. My Garden/Flowers: My garden has benefited from the rain. It put paid to gardening plans over the bank holiday and I'm sure the weeds have grown twice as fast of the flowers.
5. Eaten: Mum and I did our usual thing of a lunch out because it was the long weekend. We had sandwiches and a bowl of chips at a local pub and then had these yummy (and filling next time we'll share.) desserts which were brandy snap baskets filled with raspberry mousse.
I also managed a May Day walk to a local wood and whilst the bluebells were pretty underwhelming I did see a hare - bold as brass on the path ahead of me and on the way back a deer.
8. Stash: In. 0 Out: 3.5 yards - That more like it! More going out than going in! And I'm seriously considering that destash. If I can just get my act together!
9. Birds: Nothing new to report. I did disturb a pair of red legged partridges on my way home from the wood.
10. And finally...I have voted and await the results of the various elections with interest. Although now I'm glad it's over. This post will be scheduled due to Chief being down tomorrow when I normally post.