Wednesday, 28 June 2017

If I blog will I want to sew?

I failed miserably with the destash. I pulled out a huge pile of things I no longer want and have left them in a pile that periodically gets shifted from one chair in the dining room to another. What stalled me was no sooner did I decide to destash, the world and her sewing stash seemed to be doing the same thing and I felt if I put my meagre offerings out there they'd underwhelm everyone else from the big bang destashes going on. I decided to wait until less destashing was going on. Then life got in the way and it's back on hold.

Yesterday, I read a few blogs. I have to say since I stopped blogging I've neglected blog reading and commenting big time. I found I actually missed blogging. I can't ever imagine blogging at the rate I did a few years ago. 200+ posts in one year! But I would like to drop by with the occasional post, because I miss it and I miss the old blog interaction. Don't get me wrong I'm a total Instagram addict. I can hardly keep from checking it every nano second. But it doesn't allow for the sort of interaction that blogging did. Blogging helped me keep my sewjo on track. Even though I had little blips.

This is the longest I've gone without creating. Do I miss it? Yes and no.  Things move on. I like the idea of creating. I like the actual creating bit, but at the moment I feel I'm stuck in a limbo between the two.

I've also been really distracted by travel. Travel is new to me as I've had issues relating to travel and until I went abroad in 2015 I hadn't been for maybe 20 years. Then I binged and managed 6 countries in less than 12 months! I spend a ridiculous amount of time now researching travel destinations and then if I go, sorting the thousands of pictures I take so I can make Blurb books of my travels. Day dreaming about travel has replaced the need to acquire and dream about fabric. (And given the amount of fabric I own, I couldn't be happier!)

I've also been distracted by my garden which got really neglected and has taken some work to start to pull back into shape.

I've got some busy times coming up on the home front and the chances are I'll have less time and inclination to sew over the summer.

But I want to try and start in some small ways.

I'll leave you with a few pics of what I have managed to make this year. Try not to be too underwhelmed!  It seems I put pictures on IG not flickr so I can't even show you bunting and lavender bags.

I know: Must try harder!

Seeing as I don't like to leave without a snap here is a picture I took in Gozo where we stopped off for lunch.

Dwejra, Gozo for lunch



7 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)